Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 09:07:27PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > have been added to Mail-Followup-To by other Mutt users, and I don't use the
> > lists command at all.
>
> in that case there would be something funny going on, here is my
> theory:
>
> you post to list, you M-F-To: is set to only the list
>
> someone (Mr-Broken) with broken mailer uses reply-to-all which CCs you
> anyway ignoring M-F-To.
>
> mutt user uses list-reply to Mr-Broken's post, mutt sees you were CCed
> and assumes you should be included since there is no M-F-To header.
> mutt then sets the M-F-To header to include you for the benifit of
> later list-replies.

Sounds like a reasonable scenario.

> if this is the case the solution is fixing broken mailers, many of
> them are Free software so why have patches to support M-F-To not been
> made?

I'd like to see someone convince that M-F-To fix Pine.  But I doubt you'll
have an easy time getting Crispin to apply a patch.  He won't even implement
maildir, for christ sake, and patches for that have been around for over 2
years now.

--Adam