Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu>:
> >CAN'T YOU READ THE HEADERS OF MY MAILS, YOU SLOPE-HEADED TWIT????
>
> I suspect most people's MUA's don't display non-standard headers by default
> (I'm pretty sure mutt, pine, evolution, and elm as configured by default
> don't... and the lame copy of Eudora I'm using on vacation doesn't either
> unless you double-click on the message instead of using the preview
> pane).  Perhaps if you put your request in your .sig people would read it...

There isn't even any need to put anything in the headers. From
Debian Developer's Reference, section 4.1 Mailing lists:

    When replying to messages on the mailing list, please do not send
    a carbon copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly
    request to be copied. Anyone who posts to a mailing list should read
    it to see the responses.

Eray routinely ignores this. It's one more indication that he's not
mature enough to be a developer.

--
Lars Wirzenius <liw@wapit.com>
Architect, Kannel WAP and SMS Gateway project, Wapit Ltd, http://www.kannel.org