Re: Euro symbol and XFree

Colin Walters <walters@debian.org> writes:
> Richard Kettlewell <rjk@terraraq.org.uk> writes:

>> Good ways to deal with multiple mailing lists include:
>>
>>  * gateway them into newsgroups and read them as news
>
> I heard on IRC that a few people are doing this with the Debian
> mailing lists.  Does anyone have a quick HOWTO about setting this
> up?
>
> It would be ideal if this was a service offered from (say)
> master.d.o, but I suppose there are issues with posting.  Perhaps
> only developers could be allowed to post at first?

The gateway service I used doesn't permit posting at all.  To post, it
is necessary to either save an article to a mailbox, and visit it in a
mailer, or use the "reply" feature and then edit the headers.  This is
slightly less convenient than being able to post directly, but reduces
the damage that can be caused if the gateway goes wrong.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/