Re: Euro symbol and XFree

Please respect my mail headers.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:37:33PM +0200, Marek L. Kozak wrote:
> How about virtual-font-package that would install proper font encodings
> upon environment sets ?
[...]
> What do you think about such approach ? Now, with the current one, I
> have two subsets of japanese fonts, korean fonts and simplyfied chinese
> fonts installed and I'll never use them just because I don't know how to
> read them. Not mension ISO-8859-1 and western fonts which also are
> useless for me.

This sounds to me like an ideal application of localization tasks,
frankly.  There is certainly no reason that localization tasks for
Eastern Europe, for example, shouldn't haul in the xfonts-*-transcoded
packages.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I am sorry, but what you have
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mistaken for malicious intent is