Re: nautilus witout ximian in woody [was Re: nautilus1.0 in woody...]

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Joshua Haberman's letter:
> * Jan-Hendrik Palic (palic@billgotchy.de) wrote:
> > I did a next try yesterday. I deinstalled all ximian-packages by dpkg -l |
> > grep ximian, and deinstalled all shwon packages wth apt-get.
> I decided to do this yesterday and go with straight debian packages, and
> I thought I was all done, but went to double-check:
> joshua@birdie:~$ dpkg -l | grep helix
> joshua@birdie:~$ dpkg -l | grep gdm
> ii  gdm            2.0-0.beta4-he GNOME Display Manager
>                                ^^
> Oops. Is there a more satisfactory way to achieve this, perhaps even
> automate it?

from the debian-italian ML (you need the new apt, with supercow powers):

apt-get install `awk 'BEGIN {RS="\n\n+"} ; /Version: .*helix.*/ { print $2 "/unstable" }' /var/lib/dpkg/status`

this was to remove helix packages, modify it for ximian. or you can use
the awk part to just list all the packages and purge them

Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE Chief of Research & Technology              fog@mixadlive.com
  Those who do not study Lisp are doomed to reimplement it. Poorly.
                                     -- from Karl M. Hegbloom .signature