Re: nautilus1.0 in woody...

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 08:49:57AM +0100, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> I use gnome 1.4beta on my woody, schuold this be my problem?

I think we need to make a FAQ based on the issues people have with
Ximian's packages. :) Ximian's versioning is different, there packages
often contain different things. For example, sawfish and sawfish-gnome
are in both Debian and Ximian. However, they're substantially
different packages.

The best thing you can do for your machine is a dpkg -l | grep ximian
and purge those files, then do an apt-get install task-gnome-desktop
nautilus. Stick with the Debian packages, because mixing is failing
for almost everyone.

Aubin