Re: nautilus1.0 in woody...

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 09:26:59AM -0500, Peter Teichman wrote:
> What? We have absolutely no reason not to fix problems in these
> packages. If there are bugs, most likely it is because we don't know
> about them.

By no means are we not happy with the work you guys have done on the
packages, but there are versioning problems. What would be great,
would be if Ximian could adopt the /debian stuff from the Debian
packages, as they split up the files appropriately, and are lintian
clean. By the way, being lintian clean is not just us being anal, it
provides a lot of benefits behind the scenes.

> We can no longer claim to support Debian unstable with Ximian GNOME,
> since unstable is changing a bit too fast underneath us. If there are
> problems with testing or stable, though, I'd really appreciate it if
> people would submit bug reports to bugzilla.ximian.com.

Well, that's probably reasonable. You'd have to have an autobuilder to
keep up with us ;) What would be best though, is if dependencies were
reasonable... why is gnome-libs (>=1.3.11ximian) incompatible with
gnome-libs (>=1.3.11) It's frustrating that installing a deb of
red-carpet will clobber most of your packages.

Aubin