Re: Quake is GPL

On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 07:13:17PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
> Yeah but this put's more load on the FTP- and Mirror-Maintainer and I
> think they are not quite happy about this extra load. So why can't we
> use a solution like we did with qmail?

because the solution we used with qmail is NOT what you seem to think it
is.

the problem with qmail is that we can't distribute modified versions.
it's a license problem, not a legal problem (i.e. civil law, not
criminal law). the debian qmail-src package includes the full original
source for qmail PLUS a set of patches PLUS a script to build the qmail
binary package.

craig

--
craig sanders