Re: Quake is GPL

On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 09:21:03PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I've tried to be nice in this discussion.  I'm no longer trying.
>
> I WILL NOT CRIPPLE MY QUAKE PACKAGES TO SATISFY THE STUPIDITY INHERENT IN
> THE LAWS OF EXACTLY TWO COUNTRIES IN THE ENTIRE WORLD THAT I KNOW OF.  I
> CONSIDER THE LAWS THEMSELVES CENSORSHIP AT THEIR CORE AND THEREFORE
> MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE.
>
> Is that perhaps a little clearer?

We should not, under any circumstances, mess our distro, only because
some group of morons claiming to be `government' ban such package here or
elsewhere. If there are such laws somewhere citizen of such country have only
these posibilities :

1) try to make gov change such laws
2) try to change gov
3) go abroad
4) go outlaw

Thank you.

[We had censorship even 10 years ago here, so I know what I am talking about]