Re: technical mail setup question (and a little of what was: calling Philip Hands)

On 03-Jun-99, 17:34 (CDT), Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> wrote:
>   However, I now have a hack in place to fix it.  Check out the 'dhis' package
> in potato (it compiles easily for Slink if you don't have potato)--it's a free
> service that effectively gives you a static hostname on a dynamic IP address.
> It also does mail spooling but I don't use it so I can't say how useful it is.

It doesn't help (enough) because reverse-DNS lookups go back to your ISP
provided dynamic name and address. A lot of mail systems will reject you
based on this (your claimed name doesn't match your reverse-DNS name).

Steve