Re: calling Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 08:10:07PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I recently sent an e-mail to Philip, which has been undelivered,
> apparently because my mail server is not secure. Here is the reply I get:

Congratulations, thanks to Paul Vixie and people like him, you live in a
place that is regarded as a ghetto.  You have comitted the unpardonable sin
of failing to use a mail relay altogether, or using one that isn't regarded
as being in a good part of town.

Remember, according to Paul Vixie, it's not a shameful thing live in a
ghetto.

Some fine, upstanding net-citizens happen to live in ghettos.  But we
don't want to deal with them because we never can tell if those ghetto
rats are spammers or not until it's too late.  So we'll just assume you're
a piece of human trash until you get yourself a nailed-up static IP.  If
you're not affluent enough to not look like a ghetto rat by doing so, well,
that's not our problem.  But above all, remember that being a ghetto rat is
not a shameful thing.

It's not a shameful thing.
It's not a shameful thing.
It's not a shameful thing.
It's not a shameful thing.
It's not a shameful thing.
It's not a shameful thing.

Paul is also an Objectivist, so if he says something enough times, it must
be true.

[That said, I do not know if Mr. Vixie is directly responsible for this
ORBS thing; however, he is father of the RBL and sponsors a related
blacklist for dialup IP blocks.  But certainly Mr. Vixie deserves credit
for this innovation, as he was the first to do it.  We wouldn't dream of
acknowledging the second-handers and parasites who have merely imitated his
creative genius.]

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   You can have my PGP passphrase when you
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   pry it from my cold, dead brain.