Re: Logo contest - `MUST be manipulated entirely in the GIMP'

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 08:53:18PM -0500, Randy Gobbel wrote:
> > You see? It is not saying "Debian GNU/Linux", but "Debian".
> >
> > But this is strange. I think I remember reading something along the lines of
> > "Debian is not just Linux anymore". Have they changed the web page, or did I
> > read it elsewhere?
>
> Maybe you haven't looked at the Debian Web site recently.  It says
> Debian GNU/Linux in big letters right at the top.  If that's a problem
> then someone should fix it.

We will fix this as soon as Debian GNU/Hurd will be released. Currently, it
is under active development. Obviously, I was talking about the Gimp pages,
where it clearly says that `Debian' looks for a logo. You have quoted
yourself the Gimp page, can we agree that they are not saying Debian
GNU/Linux, but Debian?

> Creating a logo is hard work.  I have better things to do with my time
> than get flamed for my efforts.

I appreciate everyones efforts in creating a good logo for Debian and who
follows the rules on the Gimp web page. In addition, I even appreciate the
work of some people who do not follow all rules.

Thank you,
Marcus