Re: Logo contest - `MUST be manipulated entirely in the GIMP'

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 11:43:27AM -0500, Randy Gobbel wrote:
> >
> > What rules?  First, the stipulation that designers must submit two logos
> > is not reasonable.  It's hard enough to come up with *one* logo--let's
> > not shoot ourselves in the foot by making the requirements so difficult
> > that good designs are never even submitted.
>
> If it is too difficult for you to make a variant of one logo to produce a
> similar, but distinct logo for official purpose, maybe you should not
> participate in the contest. I am sure there are people who can do it.

That's right, let's do all we can to discourage people from entering the
contest.  I hate flaming, therefore I will not say anything more about
this--when I am this angry, it gets hard to stick to constructive
comments.

> You see? It is not saying "Debian GNU/Linux", but "Debian".
>
> But this is strange. I think I remember reading something along the lines of
> "Debian is not just Linux anymore". Have they changed the web page, or did I
> read it elsewhere?

Maybe you haven't looked at the Debian Web site recently.  It says
Debian GNU/Linux in big letters right at the top.  If that's a problem
then someone should fix it.

Creating a logo is hard work.  I have better things to do with my time
than get flamed for my efforts.

-Randy