Re: Yet another Linux distribution! :-)

Hi,
>>"Rev" == Rev Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@earthlink.net> writes:

>> manoj who is happy with sendmail and does have a dialup connection
>> and diald

Rev> How did you get sendmail to cooperate with dialup?

	What do you mean by cooperate? I send mail using sendmail
 whenever I want to. On up-up, I do a sendmail -q. I download messages
 using fetchmail. As to my sendmail config, I append my own config
 file /etc/mail/sendmail.mc below.  Just edit out the HACK stuff, that
 is mostly anti-spam and local hacks.

Rev> And sendmail is still not suited to being easy to configure.

	Fortunately, I do not find that to be the case. I have added
 several local HACKs and uploaded them into /usr/lib/sendmail.cf/hacks;
 and that was that. I found it quite easy to modify the guts of
 sendmail behaviour that way.

	I do know it is fashinable to slander pore ole sendmail ;-)

Rev> sendmailconfig is "not that bad" but it's also "not that good" if
Rev> the intent is for a person who doesn't know anything beyond that
Rev> their smtp server is mail.ispdomain.com about it.

	Oh, well, I guess like UNIX, sendmail is not for people who
 are not willing to scale the learning curve. And I do not personally
 think that the sendmail learning curve is that bad (I think it is
 easier than learning vi or ed ;-)

Rev> ssmtp is the right solution it looks like, probably along with
Rev> fetchmail and either procmail (this would IMO be preferred) or
Rev> deliver..

	You mileage has evidently varied from mine.

	manoj
--
 Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.

divert(-1)
# This file is copyright 1996, 1997, 1998 Manoj srivastava
# This is distributed under the Artistic licence

divert(0)
VERSIONID(`@(#)manoj.mc	8.8 (Linux) 4/5/98')
OSTYPE(debian)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
FEATURE(redirect)dnl
define(`confME_TOO', True)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
Cwdatasync.com
MASQUERADE_AS(datasync.com)dnl

## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)
HACK(use_ip)

HACK(check_rcpt4)
HACK(check_mail2)

HACK(manoj_rbl)