Re: Yet another Linux distribution! :-)

On Fri, May 01, 1998 at 11:10:39PM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:

>  - targetted towards desktop use only, no server apps, just a few games
>
>  - minimal size - optimized for installation via 28.8k modem via FTP,
>    which will be the primary distribution mechanism (not CD).

These don't seem consistent to me. If people are the wrong side of a dialup
link, they need to have a local MTA (actually most people ought to have that
even if they're not, although the configuration is significantly simpler if
they're on a permanent fast network connection and so don't need local
mailboxes) and a local news server.

Other than that, it sounds good---not for me, and probably not for the
majority of Debian's existing users, of course, but for people who want a
simple desktop OS that's easier to use than Windows.

Good luck.