Re: Yet another Linux distribution! :-)

On Sat, May 02, 1998 at 07:42:08PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Rev> smail is NASTY to configure over dialup links.  And getting worse
> Rev> it seems.  I couldn't do it.  sendmail is clearly not suited for
> Rev> the task.
>
> 	Just don't tell that to my machine.
>
> 	manoj
>  who is happy with sendmail and does have a dialup connection and diald

How did you get sendmail to cooperate with dialup?

And sendmail is still not suited to being easy to configure.  sendmailconfig
is "not that bad" but it's also "not that good" if the intent is for a
person who doesn't know anything beyond that their smtp server is
mail.ispdomain.com about it.

ssmtp is the right solution it looks like, probably along with fetchmail and
either procmail (this would IMO be preferred) or deliver..