Re: Debian Games Team website

Sorry if that seems too newbish, but how does games currently get
selected to be on `games-finest`?

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a voting system,
even if it's only among the people from the Games team.
If not, then I agree with picking a game randomly,
because it would improve visibility on otherwise hidden games.

Of course we should have a back log with previously selected games,
both to prevent same games from showing up and for historical purposes.

Also, people from the team could collaborate on the highlighted game.
Like, if we are in a good mood, we might submit new screenshots,
check if the package is updated and help each other. :)

The highlight section could also point out to ways on how users could
collaborate to the game (like translating things or providing bug
reports).

So, in the end, I think it should be "Game of the Week", which puts a
balance between people visiting the site for updates and possible
contributions from within the team.

And as for the "Blends Versus Homepage" issue, why don't we make the
Games Team homepage oriented towards development and the Blends page
for the user?
- The team homepage could contain team statistics, list of bugs... You
  know, things the team might care about.
- The blends page could have a neat appearance, showcasing current
  games and with discovery tools, directed straight to the people who
  think "I'm on Linux and want to play some games. What do I have?"

Sorry if I proposed a lot. I know it's a lot of work, but I'm anxious
to hear what you guys think of it.