Re: Debian Games Team website

Hi Alexandre!

On 14.08.2014 05:47, Alexandre Dantas wrote:
> Hello, people from the Debian Games Team!
>
> I just saw the "Get Involved" page from the Wiki and decided to
> contribute with a homepage for the team.

My first impression is: Cool! That's exactly what we need. It would be
great if you could incorporate

http://blends.debian.org/games/tasks/packagelist

and other related pages of the Debian Games Blend in your design
somehow. Basically they can serve as the content for our homepage and
provide an overview about all games Debian has to offer. e.g here is the
"finest" task

http://blends.debian.org/games/tasks/finest

I guess we need to agree on some sort of theme first but I also like the
idea to let the user decide what kind of theme she prefers by using your
theme chooser idea.

We have also some statistic pages

http://blends.debian.org/games/

bug pages and a PTS/Tracker page

https://packages.qa.debian.org/d/debian-games.html
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/debian-games

Personally I would like to see some kind of (transparent) banner in the
first third of the page like the one on
http://quickpress.alexdantas.net/ that depicts a collage of various
Debian Games and more emphasis on the games themselves. But then all the
information about the team, wiki links and so on should follow.

[...]
> Since the wiki pointed to two possible logos, I placed them both on
> the site. A minor tweak - if you click on a logo it disappears.
> So you could compare which one you think looks better on the page.

I prefer the "chess" logo although I think it would make sense to start
a contest and encourage users to create a Debian Games logo and we could
offer some small prices too. :)

That's it for now

Regards,

Markus