Re: Debian Games Team website

Hello,

On 14.08.2014 22:28, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> Am 14.08.2014 20:54, schrieb Alexandre Dantas:
>> Hey Markus, thanks for replying!
>> I made some changes according to your suggestions and minor tweaks:
>>
>> - The homepage has a "Featured Game" section, showing information
>>   on a specific game. It's currently written by hand, but will be
>>   a template to whatever game the server selects.
>>

> I like it and I have a suggestion:
> Instead of randomly selecting a game, we could display a "Pick of the
> month" and select a game which is especially nice every month. The past
> picks of the month could be archived so that we end up with a list of
> recommendations. This is very helpful because it's hard to find the best
> games among the huge amount we have in Debian. Also, the best games are
> better for advertising the games team than random games. I got the idea
> from here:
> http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/picks/

The »games-finest« task is basically such a recommendation already. We
could either select only games from this task or we decide to take all
games into account and treat all of them equally. I think "game of the
day" would be a nice feature and users would have a reason to regularly
come back to the site again.

>> - I've also added more pages, according to the links you pointed out.
>>   There's "Tasks"[0], with a dummy content based on the package list
>>   and "Statistics"[1], with the contents of the current statistics page.
>>   - About the "Tasks" page, I did not add the entire contents of the
>>     task lists; it's merely an example. The links on the Table of
>>     Contents work (at least for "Adventure" and "Tetris") and it
>>     would be nice for the server to count how many
>>

> On the one hand I like the tasks page. On the other hand this could
> become a reinvention of blends.debian.org and you should consider if
> that's a good idea. blends.debian.org has already cool features like
> letting the user supply translations.

Indeed. The goal is to integrate blends.debian.org into the new website
by adjusting the web design for both projects. In the end it is probably
just a link from one site to the other.

Markus