Re: Xonotic: gmqcc package review

9/29/13 5:18 PM, Boris Pek пишет:
> Hi Anton,
>
> First, I would suggest you to use Git in proper way: one commit per one change.
> And the process of reviewing your changes will become a bit easier.
>
>>> 2) Why do you use more strict license (GPL-2+) for debian package?
>>>  It would be good idea to use the same license (Expat) as program
>>>  uses. And debian/copyright file will become shorter. =)
>>
>> Because it was suggested by dh_make by default +)
>> Done. But I'm not sure that I made it right (I made empty description in
>> second define Expat license).
>
> Make `git pull` and see how it should look like.
>
>>>  Please remove all comments. They are useless.
>>
>> I left "#export DH_VERBOSE=1" for now. Is it OK?
>
> It is useless as well. People who may want to use it usually aware of it.
>
>>>  2) Is override_dh_auto_install really necessary? Have you tried to
>>>  build the package without it?
>>
>> Anyway, I have to override PREFIX, because Makefile has it as /usr/local
>> what is not allowed in Debian.
>
> Ok, I have made tiny cosmetic changes in debian/rules.
>
>>>  How is the orig tarball (i.e. gmqcc_0.2-678-g100eaf9.orig.tar.gz)
>>>  created? What are the commands? If you have a local pristine-tar
>>>  branch, please push it.
>>
>> In this case I download the commit [1] from github.com as a zip file and
>> recompressed it into orig.tar.gz. Sometimes I do that by git hard reset
>> on custom commit and tar zcf <pkg-version>.orig.tar.gz --exclude-vcs.
>> What is the best way if there is no archive from author?
>
> Why automatic tarballs [1] produced for git tags by GitHub do not work for you?
> And why did you choose this specific git snapshot instead of latest git tag?
>
> [1] https://github.com/graphitemaster/gmqcc/tags
>
> It is up to maintainer to choose the way of creating tarball. But the most
> important thing is documenting the reproducible way to re-generate this tarball.
>
> I suggest you to add get-orig-source section to debian/rules. See [2] for
> example. In your case get-orig-source section may be simpler.
>
> [2] ttp://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-games/astromenace.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules;hb=HEAD#l29
>
>> About next lintian warnings: I installed Lintian v2.5.19~bpo70+1 and
>> anyway don't see those warnings :(
>
> How do you launch lintian?
>
> Best wishes,
> Boris

Hi, Boris.

> First, I would suggest you to use Git in proper way: one commit per
one change.

OK. I'll do so, thanks.

> Make `git pull` and see how it should look like.
Have shared maintenance... :) Ok. Thanks for copyright file.

> Why automatic tarballs [1] produced for git tags by GitHub do not work
for you?
As I already mentioned, according to the bug [1], I have to use a custom
commit. And AFAIK, because last versions of this compiler probably
wouldn't build current xonotic code. So, automatically download tarball
becomes not so easy and not so necessary. Anyone can get the same source
from upstream git by hash from package version. I doubt that there will
be another versions soon.

>> About next lintian warnings: I installed Lintian v2.5.19~bpo70+1 and
>> anyway don't see those warnings :(
>
> How do you launch lintian?

Just lintian <package.deb>. And git-buildpackage (looks like) does the
same. But I have a config file [2].

-------------
So, the package becomes more clean and I hope to release it. Open questions:

* Should I make a patch for manpage?
* What to do with dir "syntax"?
* Who will be able to became a sponsor for the package? It need for
Xonotic (one of the best open FTS for Linix). Link for review [3].

[2] cat ~/.lintianrc
info=yes
display-info=yes
display-experimental=yes