Re: web pages

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:18:25 +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 04:34:52PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > It seems the best thing would be to decide finally if we're going to
> > push jigdo or not. We can't have it recommended and mark it
> > <strong>beta</strong>, that's an oxymoron, at least in Debian. :)
> [...]
> <sigh> - but it's a difficult decision. I'd tend towards *not* pushing
> it for now, [...]
> What do other people on the list think? I'm not sure about this at
> all.

Pardon for butting in (perspective from a mere end-user)...

You are not recommending anyone *installs* a package in beta.  You are *asking* them to use (once) and test a facility (which is to be the recommended method).  The solid reputation of Debian distributions is in no way diminished.

Just change the wording whilst in beta?  Leave its position in the page (and "recommended" status) as is but include a (mild) warning?

Andy