Re: web pages

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 04:34:52PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 03:20:03PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
[http-ftp bullet mentioning jigdo]
> > > Maybe it's better not to mention it at all, so that we don't
> > > interrupt the reader's scanning and let them parse through all
> > > of the items?
> >
> > Hm, maybe. OTOH, that unknown word may make them curious and
> > ensure they read on. :)
>
> It seems the best thing would be to decide finally if we're going to
> push jigdo or not. We can't have it recommended and mark it
> <strong>beta</strong>, that's an oxymoron, at least in Debian. :)

True! :)

<sigh> - but it's a difficult decision. I'd tend towards *not* pushing
it for now, *but* that means that HTTP/FTP downloads are going to be
used instead, and apparently the mirror admins won't like that. :-(

What do other people on the list think? I'm not sure about this at
all.

> > You have made *lots* of little changes in *lots* of places without
> > asking.
>
> Is that a bad thing or a good thing? :)

Um... :-/ :-\ ;-7

> > I'm sorry, but I'm still very much of the opinion that
> >  - the extra /CD/images/ page is wrong and should disappear
> >  - ditto (mostly) with /CD/

Heh, interesting quoting there, I don't remember saying that! ;-)

> Right. I'll move everything under /CD/. And, to suit my sense of
> logic, set up a symlink images/ -> . Okay? :)

OK, many thanks!

Cheers,

  Richard

--