Re: web pages

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 08:55:36PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
[snip]

> > > Wait, not netinst, that's also about CD images, just small ones.
> >
> > It's about using a net install instead of getting Debian on CD.
> > Perfectly OK to have it as /CD/netinst IMHO, especially since
> > nothing else would be put into /CD/images apart from netinst.
>
> Erm, no, the stuff that would stay in /CD/images is:
>   index page (lists the version)
>   faq
>   http/ftp
>   mirroring (+rsync mirrors)
>   releases

Hm, the FAQ is not only about images, some questions apply equally to
CDs bought from a vendor.

Maybe I should say why I prefer a flat tree, without another images/
dir:
 - I'd expect that all pages in the navbar of the main "Debian on CD"
   page should appear exactly 1 level lower in the dir hierarchy. IOW,
   the logical and physical site structure should coincide.
 - Visitors will have shorter URLs to remember, should they ever want
   to type them in directly.

> > Written at 04:48AM... - I was beginning to wonder whether you
> > really /are/ located in the +0100 time zone that your headers
> > suggest. :-)
>
> I thought the same when I saw your mail :) It's worrying at times :)

Let's hope these are not the first symptoms of MGD (Mad Geek Disease).
;-(

Cheers,

  Richard

--