Re: 2.2.11 boot floppies

Hartmut.Koptein@t-online.de (Hartmut Koptein) writes:

> I'm absolutly against this update at this time. This splits the work on debian
> in two sections. Do this update after potato, but not yet.

I've heard this argument many many times but I don't believe it.
How does it distract from potato?

I'm fully gung-ho on having Slink be updated.  I don't know that
kernel 2.2.x is *required* although I do think kernel 2.2.x
compatability is very desirable.  The issues and problems w.r.t. slink
and kernel 2.2 are well known, well documented, and easy to fix.