Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Akshita,
>
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 01:27:56PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > > $ tasks_udd.py debian-med
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File "./tasks_udd.py", line 183, in <module>
> > >     print >> f, template.generate(**data).render('xhtml')
> > > UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in
> > position 1275: ordinal not in range(128)
> > >

> > Can you please confirm if you get this error on executing "./tasks.py
> > debian-med" also ?
>
> Confirm, yes, I get this as well with tasks.py.  :-(

The point is I do not have this UDD dump and hence I am unable to pin point where the encoding error occurs. Is there a way by which I can get this older UDD dump ?

In the long run however, I think porting to Python 3 (which we are planning on doing) might solve this problem as in Python 3, all strings are sequences of Unicode characters.

Regards,
Akshita