Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Akshita,
>
> I checked on my side and believe it or not I'm beaten again by some
> encoding problem:
>
> $ tasks_udd.py debian-med
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./tasks_udd.py", line 183, in <module>
>     print >> f, template.generate(**data).render('xhtml')
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 1275: ordinal not in range(128)

I have hopefully solved this error. I was unable to commit my changes today due to some VPN Error. I'll try again and let you know.

> I inspected the english version and noticed the following issues:
>
> 1. After the last "regular" package that should show up in the bio task
> (zalign) the list is continued with "amos-assembler" and this is
> displayed three times!

This happens because according to the UDD query:

query = ""SELECT DISTINCT bp.package, bp.license, b.dependency \
                FROM blends_prospectivepackages bp JOIN blends_dependencies b ON b.blend=bp.blend \
                WHERE bp.blend='%s' and b.task='%s'" % (self.blendname, self.task)"

say for package "amos-assembler", the below 3 rows are obtained:

('amos-assembler', 'Artistic', 'd'),
(amos-assembler', 'Artistic', 'i'),
('amos-assembler', 'Artistic', 's')

To display these pacakages only once, I'll have to take into account only one of these rows. Which one should it be ? As depending on the dependency we choose to consider, the pkgstatus will vary.

> 3. Again in the section "Debian packages in contrib or non-free" some
> random packages are mentioned for no visible reason three times but
> here also packages are missing.

Same reason as above.

> It should show abyss, arb and others
> but shows mozilla-biofox - which is actually tagged "Ignore" and thus
> should not be listed at all.

This is also solved.

> > debian-science
>
> Here I get:
>
>  $ tasks_udd.py debian-science
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./tasks_udd.py", line 183, in <module>
>     print >> f, template.generate(**data).render('xhtml')
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 978: ordinal not in range(128)
>
> Same here - index.de.html has zero bytes.

Hopefully this is also solved. I do not have the old dump and hence you'll have to test it let me know.
I'll commit these changes soon.

Regards,
Akshita