Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 09:53:42PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> >     print >> f, template.generate(**data).render('xhtml')
> > UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in
> position 1275: ordinal not in range(128)
> >

> I have hopefully solved this error. I was unable to commit my changes today
> due to some VPN Error. I'll try again and let you know.

OK.

> > I inspected the english version and noticed the following issues:
> >
> > 1. After the last "regular" package that should show up in the bio task
> > (zalign) the list is continued with "amos-assembler" and this is
> > displayed three times!
>
> This happens because according to the UDD query:
>
> query = ""SELECT DISTINCT bp.package, bp.license, b.dependency \
>                 FROM blends_prospectivepackages bp JOIN blends_dependencies
> b ON b.blend=bp.blend \
>                 WHERE bp.blend='%s' and b.task='%s'" % (self.blendname,
> self.task)"
>
> say for package "amos-assembler", the below 3 rows are obtained:
>
> ('amos-assembler', 'Artistic', 'd'),
> (amos-assembler', 'Artistic', 'i'),
> ('amos-assembler', 'Artistic', 's')

The join is lacking "AND b.package=bp.package"

udd=# SELECT DISTINCT bp.package, bp.license, b.dependency, b.task FROM blends_prospectivepackages bp LEFT JOIN blends_dependencies b ON b.blend=bp.blend AND b.package=bp.package WHERE bp.blend='debian-med' and b.task='bio' and bp.package = 'amos-assembler';
    package     | license  | dependency | task
----------------+----------+------------+------
 amos-assembler | Artistic | d          | bio
(1 Zeile)

> To display these pacakages only once, I'll have to take into account only
> one of these rows. Which one should it be ?

The "correct" one. ;-)

The table blends-dependencies has a primary key

       "blends_dependencies_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (blend, task, package)

so you can be sure there is only one entry per package.

> As depending on the dependency
> we choose to consider, the pkgstatus will vary.
>
> > 3. Again in the section "Debian packages in contrib or non-free" some
> > random packages are mentioned for no visible reason three times but
> > here also packages are missing.
>
> Same reason as above.

Same solution as above. ;-)

> > It should show abyss, arb and others
> > but shows mozilla-biofox - which is actually tagged "Ignore" and thus
> > should not be listed at all.
> >

> This is also solved.

Good.

> > > debian-science
> >
> > Here I get:
> >
> >  $ tasks_udd.py debian-science
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "./tasks_udd.py", line 183, in <module>
> >     print >> f, template.generate(**data).render('xhtml')
> > UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in
> position 978: ordinal not in range(128)
> >
> > Same here - index.de.html has zero bytes.
> >

> Hopefully this is also solved. I do not have the old dump and hence you'll
> have to test it let me know.

Fine if I get your commit.  If your commit problems might remain I'm
fine with forwarding format-patch formatted attachments.

> I'll commit these changes soon.

Thanks for your work on this