Re: ARM kernel cross compilation issues for iMX53

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
I am using u-boot checked out from git a few minutes
ago, plus a set of 9 patches to enable sata support from
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2012-February/118523.html

Len, I also used those patches and they worked for me.  To get things going, I also had to apply the patch at the following link as well:

https://raw.github.com/RobertCNelson/Bootloader-Builder/master/patches/0003-net-eth.c-fix-eth_write_hwaddr-to-use-dev-enetaddr-a.patch

Were you able to examine the u-boot and kernel image I posted earlier today in this thread?  I realize you want to build your own (I did as well), but if you can verify those files work for you I can then walk you through building exact copies of those binaries in either a cross development environment under Ubuntu or on the iMX53 itself.

Mike