Re: ARM kernel cross compilation issues for iMX53

I now have a functioning Debian Linux 3.2.12 kernel with the armhf runtime on my iMX53 Quick Start Board.  Attached below is a link to a compressed tar file containing the Debian packages to install a custom version of the kernel and a working u-boot compatible with the kernel.  Also included are notes and a boot directory containing the uImage and uInitrd that should help with bootstrapping your own armhf installation on an iMX53 Quick Start Board.

http://home.comcast.net/~michael.p.thompson/mx5/debian_linux_3.2.12_mx5.tar.gz

Please not that the kernel provided is quite minimal and I can only vouch that the serial port, ethernet, SATA interface and SD interface are working.  If you get VGA, USB and other peripherals works, please let me know.

I would like to thank everyone in this thread for providing clues along the way that ultimately allowed me to get to a running system. Hopefully this collection of files will be useful to other people trying to get a recent Linux kernel and armhf runtime functioning on an iMX53 Quick Start Board.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike Thompson