Re: ARM kernel cross compilation issues for iMX53

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 02:03:23PM +0200, Hector Oron wrote:
> Yes, Debian armhf kernel supports i.MX53 LOCO boards.

That's good to know.

> Configure u-boot as described at (make sure partition is <1GB), I
> usually use 100MB
>   < http://blog.einval.com/2011/09/05#armhf_buildds >
>
> Install debian kernel package for mx5. Make sure initramfs is
> generated. Run later flash-kernel (>=3.0~rc.4) to generate
> uImage/uInitrd.

Oh I just did the mkimage steps manually.  I am so used to uboot that
I didn't even think of looking for a tool to do it.  I better check that
flash-kernel doesn't use some magic options that I missed.

> Being mainline kernel, expect few things to work, at least SATA,
> serial and MMC/SD support is there.

I probably need a newer u-boot or something.  I am poking at that now.

If MMC/SD and SATA and serial work, then I should be OK for now.
Graphics would be nice, but not essential and would of course need USB
as well in that case.

--
Len Sorensen