Re: ARM kernel cross compilation issues for iMX53

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
They're fine for us. I started using the Freescale 2.6.35 kernel, then
moved over to mainline with 3.2.0. Networking and SATA work fine
there, but USB is still not quite there yet...

Steve, would you have some basic instructions for getting the 3.2 kernel up on the iMX53 QSB?

I checked out 3.2.12 from git and used what I thought was a sensible config file, but when u-boot jumped to the load address the system just froze.  I just get the following output:

U-Boot 2009.08 (Mar 17 2012 - 13:58:56)
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
2300800 bytes read
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 70800000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-3.2.12
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    2300736 Bytes =  2.2 MB
   Load Address: 70800000
   Entry Point:  70800000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   XIP Kernel Image ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

Do I need to perhaps use a more modern version of u-boot as it seems kernel initialization is somewhat dependent upon what version of u-boot is used.

Any tips you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Thompson