Re: [RFS] rocm-smi-lib/4.5.2-1~exp1 - copyright question

Quick update, see the ticket in github:
https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/rocm_smi_lib/issues/97

Kent Russel will be able to help with this issue. He is usually my go to person for rocm kernel and SMI lib related issues :)
From my understanding after chatting with him, the clause of concern only applies to documentation, not to source code.
If you wish to be safe, you can just exclude the rocm smi lib documentation for now until the licensing is clarified upstream.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022, at 2:21 PM, Maxime Chambonnet wrote:
Hello,
> M. Zhou, on 2022-02-16:
>> On Wed, 2022-02-16 at 22:50 +0100, Étienne Mollier wrote:
>>>          README.md
>>>          python_smi_tools/README.md
>>>          rocm_smi/docs/ROCm_SMI_Manual.pdf
>> Is the source file for compiling that PDF file avaialble?
>> If not, it has to be treated as binary block and excluded.
> I begun to work on excluding all three files in doubt.  I think
> we reproduce the PDF with doxygen and LaTeX, but the build
> procedure inlines the README.md to build the documentation, so
> this is causing a failure to build from source at the moment.

FYI, removing python_*/README.md involves remaking the
manpage [1] :<

> Note for information that uscan caught rocm-smi-lib 5.0.1 when
> running the reimport of the original tar archive without the
> affected files.

Is the main target still 5.0.0 or is an update to 5.0.1 needed?

BR, Maxime

[1] https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/rocm_smi_lib/issues/92