Re: [RFS] rocm-smi-lib/4.5.2-1~exp1 - copyright question

Hi Mo,

On February 16, 2022 6:02:31 p.m. EST, "M. Zhou" <lumin@debian.org> wrote:
In rocCLR there are also some tricky claims such as
"Trade secret of ATI Technologies, Inc."
https://github.com/ROCm-Developer-Tools/ROCclr/blob/develop/device/gpu/gslbe/src/rt/inifile/inifile_parser.cpp#L22
which seems like some kind of leftover. And we need to
ask the upstream to remove the claims or we have to exclude the
files.

I'm still working to get clarification on this issue, but I think we can drop those files. The "gslbe" directory is for the GSL back end, and I don't think it's a required component of ROCclr. We can partly or completely remove that back end and ROCclr will still be a useful library.

Of course, if it's not trivial to remove these files, then just wait for me to report back again with more information.