Re: eglibc done, too

Finn Thain dixit:

>This step should probably happen after the multilib/multiarch question
>resolved. I don't really know how to help with that. (As I said, I
>reversed debian's multiarch patch in order to build my cross-compilers.)

Mh. I disabled that for now and doko uploaded that. I might even try
to re-enable it and just see whether things build now.

>What does your compiler say when you do "gcc -print-multi-lib"?

.;

>At this stage of porting, I'm not fussed whether you build on aranym or
>real hardware. But I agree that you should only upload build results from
>a system bootstrapped entirely from debs.

Yeah, that was a given, right from the start. I’ve got cowbuilder
_almost_ working, a util-linux bug prevents debootstrap from
finishing, but that’d be it.

>However, I don't know what to expect from those results and I can't say
>whether or not you should delay uploading. It is really a decision for
>Debian devs.

Same here. For e.g. libdb4.[78], m68k counts as “very broken arch”
and has them disabled, even…

At the current point though I don’t care *that* much for them and
need bugs fixed as they occur only – later it would be nice to
pass ’em all, of course. I’m also disabling e.g. Java for speed…

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt