Re: gcc done, eglibc problem

Finn Thain dixit:

>You don't need to patch anything. If the patch gets merged then it would
>be possible to increase 2.6.16 to 2.6.32, which is desirable (to me) but
>not necessary.

It’s necessary for any package I upload, for the following reason:

From an earlier eMail I cannot find right now, when I questioned
the bootability and usability of the archive once the migration
has started, I got the answer that the eglibc preinst refuses to
let dpkg install it if the kernel running is too old. This means
that it must know that we need a kernel > 2.6.29, because other-
wise, the system might Do Bad Things™ during an upgrade and fail
because it installs a TLS libc on a non-TLS-capable system.

I’m trying to do things as correctly and as close to the Debian
way as possible, no matter what comfort or tradition says.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt