Re: eglibc done, too

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

[snip]

> I propose that I now (see below) get cowbuilder going with the packages
> I have, then recompile everything needed for a buildd,

This step should probably happen after the multilib/multiarch question
resolved. I don't really know how to help with that. (As I said, I
reversed debian's multiarch patch in order to build my cross-compilers.)

What does your compiler say when you do "gcc -print-multi-lib"?

> make a sort of bootstrap apt repo out of that, and then we can start
> running a real buildd on real hardware again.

At this stage of porting, I'm not fussed whether you build on aranym or
real hardware. But I agree that you should only upload build results from
a system bootstrapped entirely from debs.

> I will make use of Ingo’s boxen during the process, and upload things
> like gcc, binutils, etc. to d-p.o after they pass their respective
> testsuites on real hardware, if possible. (I want to upload packages
> needing a TLS capable kernel only after we have one of them in the
> archive _anyway_, so the delay isn’t bad, be- sides I’ll send
> appropriate sources.list lines here once it is set up.) Is that
> agreeable with you?

I agree that we need test suite results (from both aranym and physical
hardware).

However, I don't know what to expect from those results and I can't say
whether or not you should delay uploading. It is really a decision for
Debian devs.

Finn