Re: eglibc done, too

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Finn Thain dixit:
>
> >This step should probably happen after the multilib/multiarch question
> >resolved. I don't really know how to help with that. (As I said, I
> >reversed debian's multiarch patch in order to build my
> >cross-compilers.)
>
> Mh. I disabled that for now and doko uploaded that. I might even try to
> re-enable it and just see whether things build now.
>
> >What does your compiler say when you do "gcc -print-multi-lib"?
>
> .;

My build has (by default):

.;
m68040;@m68040
m68060;@m68060
mcpu32;@mcpu32
mfidoa;@mcpu=fidoa

... but I didn't try to build any fortran frontend, which, if I recall,
was where your build came unstuck (for fidoa).

[snip]
> >However, I don't know what to expect from those results and I can't say
> >whether or not you should delay uploading. It is really a decision for
> >Debian devs.
>
> Same here. For e.g. libdb4.[78], m68k counts as “very broken arch”
> and has them disabled, even…

Some of the decisions to disable stuff for m68k were taken a long time ago
under rather different circumstances... So my hope is that a lot of stuff
like that will start working again.

Finn