Re: The possibility of co-locating GUADEC 2015 with DebConf15

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 06, 2014 at 12:41:59PM +0200, Oliver Propst wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 12:14 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> > also sprach Oliver Propst <oliver.propst@gmail.com> [2014-07-06 11:59 +0200]:
> > > If the your team are not interested in taking this "extra"
> > > responsibility, then it might better for us in Gothenburg to focus
> > > on fixing the issues with our current bid.
> >
> > I am sorry I initially misunderstood you and may not have made
> > myself clear. I thought you wanted to ride our waves a bit and get
> > fast-tracked into a contract with a venue in Heidelberg in the
> > vicinity of DebConf15. We can certainly help here.
>
> As I have stated before I don't think its possible to completely
> organize a conference remotely, local people are needed to take
> care of legal/financial things for example.

Well, depends on how local you mean.  Probably makes sense for somebody
(or a team) from Germany to do this, but why do they need to be from
Heidelberg?  Then again, practical dealing with the venue and organizing
accomodation is probably best left to rather local people.

By the way, (this year's Guadec) Strasbourg is not so far from
Heidelberg, so maybe the people there could help you out as well?  Most
of us are in Munich, which is much further away from Heidelberg than
Strasbourg.

Michael