Re: The possibility of co-locating GUADEC 2015 with DebConf15

On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 12:14 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Oliver Propst <oliver.propst@gmail.com> [2014-07-06 11:59 +0200]:
> > If the your team are not interested in taking this "extra"
> > responsibility, then it might better for us in Gothenburg to focus
> > on fixing the issues with our current bid.
>
> I am sorry I initially misunderstood you and may not have made
> myself clear. I thought you wanted to ride our waves a bit and get
> fast-tracked into a contract with a venue in Heidelberg in the
> vicinity of DebConf15. We can certainly help here.
As I have stated before I don't think its possible to completely
organize a conference remotely, local people are needed to take
care of legal/financial things for example.

> However, now it seems like you are looking for someone to
> co-organise the conference for you. Maybe there are people in our
> team who are interested in helping, but the team itself will be
> focusing on DebConf15, which is a tough job that leaves little space
> alongside.
I see.

> I am not trying to discourage you and I am sure many would profit
> from this co-location. We'll be happy to support, I am sure. But
> you'll need a local team of its own and we hope this won't mean that
> we'll be competing for local manpower.
I see, as I stated in my previous mail, since there not seems to be a huge
interest about this from other team member we be better focus on fixing
our Gothenburg bid.

I wish you all best of luck with DebConf15, and who knows maybe I will
show there.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst