Re: The possibility of co-locating GUADEC 2015 with DebConf15

also sprach Oliver Propst <oliver.propst@gmail.com> [2014-07-06 11:59 +0200]:
> If the your team are not interested in taking this "extra"
> responsibility, then it might better for us in Gothenburg to focus
> on fixing the issues with our current bid.

I am sorry I initially misunderstood you and may not have made
myself clear. I thought you wanted to ride our waves a bit and get
fast-tracked into a contract with a venue in Heidelberg in the
vicinity of DebConf15. We can certainly help here.

However, now it seems like you are looking for someone to
co-organise the conference for you. Maybe there are people in our
team who are interested in helping, but the team itself will be
focusing on DebConf15, which is a tough job that leaves little space
alongside.

I am not trying to discourage you and I am sure many would profit
from this co-location. We'll be happy to support, I am sure. But
you'll need a local team of its own and we hope this won't mean that
we'll be competing for local manpower.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf14: Portland, OR, USA:   http://debconf14.debconf.org