Re: The possibility of co-locating GUADEC 2015 with DebConf15

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Oliver Propst <oliver.propst@gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that there is a University [5] very close to the proposed
> DebConf15 venue, it would be great if someone from the local team could
> reach out to the university and ask about the possibility for such
> arrangement. Have the University near the proposed DebConf15 venue been
> considered as an option for hosting the conference, if so was there any
> reason it was not selected?

We prefer the option of "having everything in the same place", and the
Heidelberg hostel gives us that option.  Our contact with the
university has been quite positive, though, so I would expect that
they would be able to help out (but someone would need to reach out to
them).

> If DebConf15 are going to be co-located with GUADEC 2015 its safe to say
> that the local team would need to grow in size (this also applies for
> the volunteer base during the actually conference).

When you say "co-locating" do you mean doing them at the same time, or
just in the same place and near in time?

My main concern with this is the amount of space that it would take in
the hostel.  We expect to almost reach the maximum capacity of the
hostel, so hosting another conference there would not really work.
However, it might be possible to do it during DebCamp (the first week
of DebConf, to which not so many people attend) or to do it the week
after DebConf has ended.

--
Besos,
Marga