Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trip - please comment

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 01:40:05PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 07:02:49PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> >
> > FWIW, my own plan is hiking from  Vaumarcus to Creux du Van....but I
> > don't expect many people to follow such plan... :-). I still need to
> > calculate how long it might take.
>
> I'll join you.  If you mean by "hiking" actually running I'll take my
> bike.  In other words:  I prefer discovering the nature around Le Camp
> by using my own power rather than some engine.
>
> > A shower on arrival would be appreciated but bathing in the lake is
> > fine too and, ifnothing works, the problem is for non-hikers, not for
> > hikers..:-)
>
> +1 for the lake - can't see a reason why this should not work.

I have check, there is one communal shower for 3 persons at Soliat. Of course
you could go to the lake later when we are in Neuchâtel. For that day, my
hiking proposal is that people will walk from Le Camp to Soliat. So everyone
should be together for apéro (and picnic lunch).

As OdyX suggested, I am organising an Apéro from 12:15 - 13:00 at Soliat which is
a restaurant at Creux-du-Van.

I visited Asphalt Mines yesterday and it is was a very good experience. It is
cold down there (8 C) and bringing a torch is recommanded. They have also some
on site.

As Gaudenz suggested I have called the boat company: good news The big boat we
need is available. Max seated capacity is 252 (they can arrange an additional
table somewhere but these people would be separate from the others).

I have updated the Day Trip wiki:
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/DayTrip

I will now start working on the budget and on afternoon activity.

I will need a way to ask the attendee to register for the Day Trip and to chose
their activity. Is that still possible in penta ?

Cheers,
Raphaël