Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trip - please comment

Hi Gaudenz,
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:40:37PM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Raphaël Walther <raphael.walther@gmail.com> writes:
> > I have added all the infomation I could to (this is a draft plan):
> > https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/DayTrip
> >
> > One first thing is that Mauler (activity A) has a already another group in the
> > morning. So either cancel it or do it in the afternoon. I don't know what is
> > the solution here.
>
> What happened to the visit to the watch museum you proposed in your
> first mail? If mauler is already booked I'd skip that and instead offer
> the museum. Mauler is also somewhat similar to the absinthe distillery.

I have dropped it. I will put it back on the wiki and dropped Mauler. More
about the museum on the wiki later.

> For the afternoon I have an alternative proposal:
>
> IMO we should really include the buskers festival[1] into the Daytrip
> program.
Yes++

> Instead of taking the boat we could have 3-4 buses back from Neuchatel
> to Vaumarcus at different times: 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (to be defined
> exactly). People wanting to stay even longer, can also return by public
> transport (takes longer but is very well possible).

I like your idea but we need to find a solution to alocate people to the
different coaches. Otherwise we will have for example an empty coach at 17:00
because everyone would be at Buskers (or a full one because it is raining).

> As the boat trip is also very nice, we could do this in the morning and
> only take the buses from Neuchatel if we don't want to skip it. On the
> other hand, those interested can also just take the public boat to
> Yverdon on another day.

I think we should forget the boat even if it is very nice it is quite expensive
as well and it doesn't fit really in the new program we are drafting.

> For dinner I'd then propose that we have dinner from 19:00 to 21:00 at
> Le Camp, so that those returning with one of the first two buses can eat
> at Le Camp. The others would have to take care of their own food. We
> would have to talk to Le Camp if that's possible and if we could
> announce the numbers only 2-3 days in advance as an exception for this
> evening. An alternative is to offer another cold meal that can be packed
> already in the morning for dinner, so that everything stays more flexible.

Yeah, we need to know who will eat at Le Camp and who will eat in Neuchâtel.

> I'm not sure if this is overall a better option than what you propose.
> But I'd like to put it up for discussion.

Thanks for sharing. I think it is.

Cheers,
Raphaël