Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trip - please comment

Hi Raphael

Thanks for writing this down.

Raphaël Walther <raphael.walther@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Thanks all for writing on this thread and on IRC.
>
> I have added all the infomation I could to (this is a draft plan):
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/DayTrip
>
> One first thing is that Mauler (activity A) has a already another group in the
> morning. So either cancel it or do it in the afternoon. I don't know what is
> the solution here.

What happened to the visit to the watch museum you proposed in your
first mail? If mauler is already booked I'd skip that and instead offer
the museum. Mauler is also somewhat similar to the absinthe distillery.

For the afternoon I have an alternative proposal:

IMO we should really include the buskers festival[1] into the Daytrip
program.

Instead of taking the boat we could have 3-4 buses back from Neuchatel
to Vaumarcus at different times: 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (to be defined
exactly). People wanting to stay even longer, can also return by public
transport (takes longer but is very well possible).

As the boat trip is also very nice, we could do this in the morning and
only take the buses from Neuchatel if we don't want to skip it. On the
other hand, those interested can also just take the public boat to
Yverdon on another day.

For dinner I'd then propose that we have dinner from 19:00 to 21:00 at
Le Camp, so that those returning with one of the first two buses can eat
at Le Camp. The others would have to take care of their own food. We
would have to talk to Le Camp if that's possible and if we could
announce the numbers only 2-3 days in advance as an exception for this
evening. An alternative is to offer another cold meal that can be packed
already in the morning for dinner, so that everything stays more flexible.

I'm not sure if this is overall a better option than what you propose.
But I'd like to put it up for discussion.

Best,
Gaudenz

[1] http://libre.ch/buskers.php
    http://www.neuchateltourisme.ch/en/events/main-events/buskers-festival-neuchatel.1791.html