Re: [Debconf-discuss] Registration FAQ

Quoting MJ Ray (mjr@phonecoop.coop):

> I apologise for any rant appearances.  Sometimes I try to keep quiet
> about perceived bugs which I don't think others will consider bugs
> (trying for a quiet life, which was one source of stress at debconf)
> until I explode into linguistic pyrotechnics.

I also think that most of your comments weren't "rants". Just like
Stephen, I think that your disgression on "geeks" wasn't really
helpful to the topic and arguments you wanted to bring....but apart
from that, you bring here an interesting point of view.

I'm still not really convinced that putting together talks about
related topics in some "sessions" would really be something that could
work.

Debconf is, by essence (Frenglish warning), a quite disorganised event
(no matter the deep respect I have for people who desperately attemps
to make it an organised one) and this is also what makes it special.

From what I know of you (and I may ignore a lot), this is maybe not
something that fits your own expectations....which is certainly fairly
acceptable for everyone.

On the other hand, Debconf is probably perceived very differently by
different people and there is certainly not *one* good way to enjoy
the event. The number of people there is large enough to open the
possibility for very different ways to participate to it.

...and even for the very same person, no Debconf is similar to another
one. From what I can remember of my own experience, I definitely
didn't enjoy DC4 the way I enjoyed DC5. And the same goes for DC6 or
7....