Re: [Debconf-discuss] Registration FAQ

Quoting MJ Ray (mjr@phonecoop.coop):
> Margarita Manterola <marga@debian.org> wrote:
> > > * When will a list of which topics will be covered on which days be
> > > published?
> >
> > You mean the talk schedule?
>
> I mean the preliminary schedule of which general topics are hoped to
> be on which days, so part-time visitors can prioritise and try to be
> there for as many of the topics which they are most interested in as
> possible.  This doesn't seem to be common for most free software
> conferences yet (SCALE looks like it might be an exception) but few
> cover as wide a range of topics as debconf.

I think it's pretty hard to expect something really reliable about
this. To my experience, there has never been topic grouping in the
schedule and, given the way Debconf sets itself up, I'd bet it will
not happen.

It's understandable that it may be disappointing for part-time
visitors as you have no idea of the better schedule you should follow
(IIRC, you had this problem in EDI). OTOH, when coming from Europe, do
you really expect to stay only 3 or 4 days?

Debconf is, more or less by definition, something that you really
benefit from when you participate to the entire event, really.