Re: [Debconf-discuss] Registration FAQ

On 2008-02-26 16:58 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Ganeff wrote:
> > That question can't be serious, really. Except, well, if you run around
> > with some kind of blinkers (Scheuklappen in german) - there are *MANY*
> > people, not only with some IT stuff as a hobby, who spent *much* more
> > time for their hobby every year.
>
> In total, perhaps, but how many other hobbies run over a solid week
> away every year that includes key organisational development?

Expedition caving is one of no doubt many that demand way more time
than Debconf, and important organisation stuff gets done there too.

I spent 5 weeks/yr away from 1988-1993. These days I manage about 2
weeks/yr, but only because I am no longer properly dedicated and seem
to have aquired a 2nd time-consuming hobby as well :-)

nerdy attendance index:
http://cucc.survex.com/expo/folk/index.htm

I bet there are plenty of other examples.

I think you seriously underestimate the 'hobby' drive.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/