Re: Solo una curiosita' (Re: Xfree86 4.2.0 rispostona collettiva)

Il dom, 2002-04-07 alle 22:42, Francesco Bochicchio ha scritto:
> On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 11:54:49PM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> >
> > ah, no. il problema e` che il pacchetto della debian ha decine e decine
> > di patch specifiche per debian
>
> Come mai?
> Voglio dire, come mai non sono state integrate nel mainstream X?
> Visto che sei super impegnato, ti fornisco anche le risposte :->. Metti una
> croce al posto giusto e/o riempi gli spazi:

puoi rispoderti da solo (senza croci) per qualsiasi pacchetto (non solo
per X) guardando in /usr/share/doc/<pacchetto>/changelog.Debian.gz. ecco
per esemio la entry di X 4.1.0-15 (cioe' tutte le cose fatte dalla -14
alla -15):

xfree86 (4.1.0-15) unstable; urgency=high

  * the "I want super-stable releases every 2 months and CVS HEAD every day"
    release
  * patch #000_stolen_from_HEAD:
    - Alan Hourihane's fix for calculation of DPI when Xinerama is in use
      (Closes: #127749)
    - SECURITY: Don't abuse the priviledges of the X server to access shared
      memory segements in MIT-SHM (Roberto Zunino, Matthieu Herrb).
      (Closes: #140862)
    - fix erroneous variable reference that could cause Xft to be disabled
      when LD_BIND_NOW is used, causing stack poisoning (Keith Packard, Kevin
      Puetz) (Thanks, Kevin!) (Closes: #137145)

  * patch #064: fix in fbdev driver; fbdev wasn't telling shadow layer when
    there was no framebuffer available (i.e., when switched away to a
    different VT) (patch courtesy of Keith Packard, Roland Schulz, and Michel
    Dänzer)
  * patch #065: raped again by Herbert Xu and Ben Collins; you're not
    "supposed to" Build-Depend on a kernel package and at the same time the
    glibc versions of the kernel headers exclude SiS DRM ioctls that we need
    #defined to compile properly.  Kludge these #defines into sis_alloc.c
    because, of course, it's XFree86's job to know what the uderlying kernel's
    ioctl numbers are.  While we're at it, why don't we just stop using
    standardized constants in our C programs altogether?  :-P  Oh, by the way,
    these are the ioctl's for i386 Linux.  Talk to Herbert and Ben if this
    sucks for you. (Closes: #139511)
  * patch #451: fix for page size problems on ia64 (thanks, Bdale Garbee and
    Chris Ahna)
  * patch #452: workaround for an ATI expansion ROM problem that is fatal on
    HP McKinley prototype systems (thanks, Bdale Garbee)
  * patch #500: Gerhard Tonn's patches to enable X server code on the s390
    architecture; however, the XFree86 X server itself is still not built.
    Also affected:
    + debian/MANIFEST.s390
    + debian/control
    + debian/rules
    + debian/scripts/vars.s390
    + debian/xbase-clients.conffiles.s390
    + debian/xbase-clients.files.s390
    + debian/xlibs-dev.files.s390

  * debian/control:
    - xlibs Conflicts: xcontrib (<< 4.0) and xsm (<< 4.0); this should help
      apt figure out some upgrade paths
    - xvfb Suggests: xbase-clients (Closes: #134947)
    - x-window-system-core Depends: ${F:XWSC-Special-Depends} instead of
      "xserver-xfree86" (see below, should make this package installable on
      s390) (Closes: #137587)
  * debian/local/FAQ: added new question; "Why doesn't the X server package
    just depend on the xfonts-base package?"
  * debian/local/Xsession.d/20xfree86-common_process-args: also test for null
    return from "which" run on program specified on command-line
    (Closes: #133002)
  * debian/local/Xsession.d/50xfree86-common_determine-startup: correct and
    quote a variable reference to prevent unintended reads from standard input
    (thanks, Robert Bihlmeyer) (Closes: #131291)
  * debian/local/Xwrapper.config: correct range of permitted nice values
  * debian/local/dexconf: give users more information in comment block of
    written X server configuration files (Closes: #136438)
  * debian/local/dexlet/main.py:
    - update BusID validation code to reject hexadecimal digits, and accept
      3-digit bus numbers (thanks, Richard Hirst)
    - update BusID validation code to accept XFree86's special "-1" value,
      which appears to indicate an ISA bus
    - store selection_method template from configlet (thanks, Richard Hirst)
  * debian/local/xvfb-run{,.1}: xvfb-run checks for existence of xauth, and
    exits with an error message if it cannot be found (thanks, David Schleef)
  * debian/local/xserver-wrapper.c: change nice() usage to fit SuSv2
    semantics; see Debian Bug #140012
  * debian/rules:
    - define special substvar F:XWSC-Special-Depends to take care of the fact
      that s390 doesn't build xserver-xfree86, and still keep the
      x-window-system-core metapackage useful
    - ship text version of xterm FAQ again (thanks, Laurent Bonnaud)
      (Closes: #137529)
  * debian/scripts/vars.*: define XWSC_SPECIAL_DEPENDS for all architectures
    except s390
  * debian/shlibs.local: resynced with xlibmesa3.shlibs (see below)
  * debian/xbase-clients.preinst.in: remove obsolete xconsole alternative if
    it exists (Closes: #131251)
 * debian/{xdm,xserver-common,xserver-xfree86}.templates.ca: added Catalan
    translations (thanks, Ivan Vilata i Balaguer) (Closes: #133791)
  * debian/xdm.templates.fr: added French translation (thanks, Jean-Christophe
    Dubacq)
  * debian/xdm.templates.it: added Italian translation (thanks, Matteo
    Dell'Amico) (Closes: #135915)
  * debian/xdm.templates.ja: added Japanese translation (thanks, Tomohiro
    KUBOTA)
  * debian/xfree86-common.doc-base.debian-x-faq: correct typo (thanks, Laurent
    Bonnaud) (Closes: #137524)
  * debian/xlibmesa3.shlibs: "libgl1" to "xlibmesa3 | libgl1" so that packages
    using this library don't get a pure virtual dependency in their control
    data (Closes: #135443)
  * debian/xserver-common.preinst.in: if /etc/X11/Xserver exists, echo a note
    it being obsolete, and move it (thanks, Joey Hess)
  * debian/xserver-common.templates.dk: added Danish translation (thanks,
    Dennis Haney) (Closes: #131611)
  * debian/xserver-common.templates.fr: updated French translation (thanks,
    Jean-Christophe Dubacq)
  * debian/xserver-common.templates.it: added Italian translation (thanks,
    Matteo Dell'Amico) (Closes: #135908)
  * debian/xserver-common.templates.ja: updated Japanese translation (thanks,
    Tomohiro KUBOTA) (Closes: #137861)
  * debian/xserver-xfree86.config:
    - big-time changes, mostly to support DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
    - documented proper syntax for the shell functions used
    - changed syntax of exiting validate_* functions so that question priority
      is supplied as an argument, and updated all function invocations to
      correspond to this
    - new functions; validate_bus_id_db_input(),
      validate_monitor_frequency_db_input(), and auto_answer(); use these
      new validate_* functions when getting bus ID's and monitor data, instead
      of inlining the code
    - stopped using and eliminated tsl() function; dropped in favor of
      auto_answer() instead
    - collect information about installed video cards in one pass at the
      beginning of the script, and set NSERVERS, NDRIVERS, NCARDS, and MULTIHEAD      accordingly
    - MULTIHEAD is now set if NCARDS is greater than one, not NSERVERS
    - updated and added some debugging messages
    - migrated debconf questions that *MUST* have answers, and do not have
      "safe" defaults, to use auto_answer() instead, note that if you do not
      pre-answer these questions and configure this package with the
      noninteractive frontend, the X server is NOT guaranteed to be configured
      in a sane way
    - change all autodetect questions to use auto_answer() function, set to
      false if the question cannot be asked, and stop setting the seen flag to
      false before asking the question (Closes: #137869)
    - specify MAY_BE_NULL variable on the same line as the call to
      validate_string_db_input, always
    - handle case where mdetect returns no output at all; also, break out of
      autodetection loop after one iteration if the autodetection question is
      not being aksed
    - don't do string compares on $?
    - pre-answer video card and monitor identifier questions with
      locale-specific generic answer when a default cannot be determined with
      probing
  * debian/xserver-xfree86.templates.fr: updated French translation (thanks,
    Jean-Christophe Dubacq)
  * debian/xserver-xfree86.templates.it: added Italian translation (thanks,
    Matteo Dell'Amico and Emanuele Aina) (Closes: #135966)
  * debian/xserver-xfree86.templates.ja: updated Japanese translation (thanks,
    Tomohiro KUBOTA)

 -- Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>  Tue,  2 Apr 2002 14:30:05 -0500

contento?

--