Re: RFS: xserver-xorg-video-openchrome_0.2.904+svn858-1

Julien Viard de Galbert <julien@vdg.blogsite.org> (20/10/2010):
> Right, just updated my mailer configuration, should not be in this
> mail.

:)

> Well actually the git repos is build using git-svn so I never
> downloaded a tarball. I think the explanation on how to configure
> git-svn on a clone from debian's package git should go to
> debian/README.source however this file currently came from xsfbs so
> I didn't change it.

I'm not sure how to proceed with that one. Either adding a file
(possibly pointed to from README.source), or directly modifying the
README.source for openchrome, and living with (possible) conflicts
when merging from xsfbs.

That said, git-svn is a bit special, since it's somehow linked to the
initial clone you did, with its local metadata. I guess somebody
willing to work on updating it as well could git svn clone upstream
starting with the last commit in the upstream branch, and then apply
patches manually from one (git-svn-based) branch to another
(“pure”-git) one. Unless some new feature appeared, helping people to
play around with git-svn in a distributed fashion.

> Unless the idea is to use pristine-tar for the first tarball we
> build for a particular svn revision so that later debian revision of
> the packages can be build directly from git... (just got it, right?)

That's the idea, yeah.

> I'll look into that. And that also needs to be documented, is
> debian/README.source the right place ?

Yeah, that would be, with the same comments as above.

Mraw,
KiBi.