Re: RFS: xserver-xorg-video-openchrome_0.2.904+svn858-1

Julien Viard de Galbert wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:43:32PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>>
>> Well, nothing to say besides it's alright. Did you consider applying
>> for the DM status or for the NM process?
>>
> Yes, I considered it. But with only one package uploaded and only once,
> I didn't think it was time to start such process. (I only see DM as a
> first step to DD).

Hi,

with my "I am a DM"-hat on: I think you are wrong. :-) Having the DM status
allows you to do unsupervised uploads for certain packages (for which you
convinced some DD to allow you to do so) and this is a great freedom of
work.

In my (limited) experience, the most painful time within the packaging
process is the "wait-on-a-sponsor" time (where you either search for a
sponsor, ping your usual one, …) Getting rid of that period of time is just
great IMHO (and that's absolutely not against my usual sponsors!).

So, apply for DM ! :-)

Cheers,

OdyX